Friday, March 19, 2010

Green in the Garden & Other News...

Lemon Balm

So the snow has finally melted in the backyard and I found *green things* in the garden! We are supposed to get about 7 cm of snow on the Spring Equinox, but hopefully it will bugger off soon after!

The garden is a bit of a mess and the greenery isn't overly impressive, but I am happy to see it nonetheless! :)

English Thyme


The garden is going to be expanded and rearranged and I will post more on that in a bit.

Our move has been halted because there was a bit on a flood in our new place, and it needs to have some errr....maintenance. We have moved some of our stuff in already, but the rest will have to wait until there is new flooring, drywall and paint put in.

Now I know why we procrastinated a bit {better to happen before we move in than after!}. ;)

And a happier tid bit of news is that I will be doing some work on a farm this year after all! I have a friend who runs a CSA and she has invited me to do a work share. Happy, happy day!

In some ways this has really lifted my spirits because I thought for sure I wouldn't be getting any farm time in this season because of the trial coming up in June. So even though I am not doing a full blown internship yet, I am elated to have this opportunity!

Sláinte!

Laurel

9 comments:

Bek said...

Aw, I don't know...I love these sights in the garden and it ALWAYS impresses me to see wee shoots that have triumphed the cold and/or waterlogged soil: I feel your excitement haha.

You seem similarly blessed with strength - (cheesy sounding, I know!) so I hope you're soon all settled in the new place and just by having that and the new garden plans, feel ready to deal with anything!

Bek said...

Oh and congrats on the CSA news too :)

nefaeria said...

Oh, I like cheesy! Thanks for the kind words, Bek! :D

perma_culture said...

Congratulations on the farming and greenery! I hope that you get to move in soon and happy spring =^)

Bek said...

You're very welcome!

nefaeria said...

Thanks Permie! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the csa! =)

Medusae said...

Congrats to you and all your happy news ^.^

nefaeria said...

Thanks kind folks! :)