Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Daisy Chain of Events

A lot has happened since I posted last. Aymi is visiting {yay!}, I went to testify at the pre trial, it looks as if both of my Grandparents might pass very soon, and the routine events of a quasi-homesteader. I am obviously very sad about my Grandparents, but they both have Alzheimer's and after being married for 67 years, it is perhaps suitable for them to pass around the same time. They have had a great life and they will be missed. I am lucky that I live near where they are and can visit regularly. The whole court thing has been very surreal and a weird mixture of pain and closure. He was there and doesn't seem the least bit remorseful. So that makes in easier it a way to go through with it. Aymi and I are going camping this weekend {just in time for Midsummer!}, which is supposed to also involve white water rafting {!!!}. I will do garden updates soon. I probably won't be posting before Midsummer, so I hope you all have a great one! :) For recipes you can check out the post I did last year and below is a video on how to make daisy chains to wear for the day. ;)

SlĂ inte!

Laurel

4 comments:

Bek said...

Aw, I hope you are having a lovely time with Aymi staying.

Sorry to hear about your sad news...

Glad to hear that you are able to see a fitting and lovely tribute to your grandparents' relationship through the sad part though...

We be thinking of you...
b&jx

nefaeria said...

Thanks you two! :)

Cammie said...

i love daisy chains! i hope your grandparents get better soon!

Medusae said...

What a bittersweet post! Im sorry I'm a month late commenting...

I wish your grandparents peace, and wellbeing. I hope they don't have to suffer, and I hope the same for you. I'm sure it's difficult, but being close must help.

I'm also gladdened to hear that the trial stuff is getting underway - nothing worse than having things hanging over your head. Sounds like your spirit is strong and ready.

My thoughts are with you.